4 replies to this topic

#1 XPHLEXXX

XPHLEXXX

PHLEX-HQ BIG DOG

• *** PHLEX HQ ***
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

0001.jpg
XPHLEXXX & PHLEX-HQ are proud to announce the release of the first in our line of traditional golf shafts. The "official" release is below this paragaph, but we wanted to say - in regards to the name  - The AGERA is named in HONOR of THE fastest and most technologically advanced car in the world - The Koenigsegg Agera R ( although their ONE:1 might take that from it ) It seemed like a no brainer for a model name after THE BUSA. We hope that Christian and all of his crew take this as a big compliment. HQ area MEGA FANS of them / their work & their cars .. And since XPHLEXXX is the only shaft company making LD shafts with 40ton fiber in combination with Liquid Crystal technology ... well ... imitation is the purest form of flattery ;)

We are in process of activating our online store .. but here are the tech specs etc for THE AGERA

THE AGERA - NAMED IN HONOR OF THE MOST TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED AND  FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD  ... IS THE FIRST PLAYERS SHAFT OFFERING FOR THE FANS OF XPHLEXXX. THIS 46 INCH VERSION WAS DESIGNED FOR THE AVERAGE GOLFER WHO WANTED THE SAME SPIN REDUCTION AND DISPERSION CHARACTERISTICS FOUND IN THE BUSA - BUT IN A TRADITIONAL PLAYERS SHAFT AND IN TRADITIONAL FLEXES. WE UTILIZED THE SAME 5-AXIS CONSTRUCTION PATTERN OF THE BUSA, AND ADDED ADDITIONAL 40TON FIBER IN LIEU OF THE LIQUID CRYSTAL POLYMER FOR ADDITIONAL FEEL / FEEDBACK & CONTROL FOR THE AVERAGE SWING SPEED

THE RESULT ... A LOW LAUNCHING / LOW SPIN SHAFT FOR THE OTHER 99.9% OF THE WORLD. THE AGERA IS A TIP STIFF / MEDIUM MID & BUTT SECTION WITH VERY LOW SPIN.

THE GRAPHICS ... ARE CLASSIC XPHLEXXX CARRIED OVER FROM THE BUSA

AVAILABLE IN STIFF AND EXTRA STIFF ONLY 

BASELINE ON S FLEX IS 255 CPM +/- 4 CPM - AVERAGE WEIGHT 73-75 GRAMS
BASELINE ON X FLEX IS 265 CPM +/- 4 CPM - AVERAGE WEIGHT 74-76 GRAMS 

TORQUE - 2.5 / 2.7

WE WILL GLADLY PULL EXACT CPM PER CUSTOMER REQUEST - BASED ON AVAILABLE INVENTORY

MSRP 279.99

Click here for full AGERA gallery http://xphlexxx.com/...m/50-the-agera/

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

And in case you don't know ... the "other" AGERA ... I hope we are doing it justice ... WHAT A CAR worthy.gif devil-smiley2.gif devil-smiley2.gif devil-smiley2.gif

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

#2 ladahl

ladahl

---- LANCE ----

• AGERA BOMBERS
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

After a long discussion with ROBO, and explaining my needs in a shaft.  He was able to hand-pick just the right one for me (I'm hoping he'll chime-in with the technical specs).  All I know is I needed something to beat out two combos I was flip-flopping between:  An 815 Alpha w/ a Aldila Rogue 70 Silver Stiff (110 version) & my G30 LS with the Tour 65 S.  Both were fantastic, but I preferred the 815/Rogue combo.  So when my package arrived from ROBO, I just knew it was going into the G30LS head.  I'm not going to lie, I wasn't completely sold.  I felt guilty, I felt like I was letting ROBO down by not being uber stoked about the holy grail (this coming from a few other guys I know that took the plunge) of shafts :(.

I wanted to like it, but the 815/Rogue combo kept finding it's way into my gamer bag.  I was going to give up on the Agera. I was going to try and get it to someone who it might fit better.  I mean, out of the 3 other guys I know who put their Agera in play, they LOVED it, they were getting STUPID good performance.  After finally deciding to try the Agera in my 815, WOW!!!  I literally said "HOLY CRAP".  I was hitting this thing places I've never seen on my home course MUCH more often. 

I'm currently in a little of a "funk" with my golf game right now ( I think I've played at least 18 hoes everyday for the past 20), but I tell you this, the Agera feels "right".  It's not boardy, it's stable and I feel like I can "go at it" without fear of the dreaded "snapper".

Come to find out some info as to why the Agera and the G30LS weren't a good fit was due to the fact that the head is so long (heel to toe) that it NEEDS something with more torque. 

If you're on the fence about trying an Agera out, don't be.  ROBO will NOT sell you one if he thinks it won't help your driving game.  He just won't.  He'll chat with you for as long as you want about gear, golf, etc.  After it's all said and done, he might think the Agera will fit you (if it does, he will literally select one by hand that fits your profile needs the best).  If he doesn't, he'll recommend you a different shaft (another brand) that he thinks will.  He knows his shafts.

Below are a few pics of my 815 Alpha (set to 10*/N)  build with my Agera 73 S.  It has a 8g in the heel and a 4g in the toe.  SW comes in at D3 and it plays at 44 2/3"

ENJOY!

Attached Images

• IMG_3148.jpg
  • IMG_3150.jpg
  • IMG_3147.jpg
  • IMG_3151.jpg
  • IMG_3152.jpg
  • IMG_3153.jpg
  • IMG_3154.jpg
  • IMG_3155.jpg

Posted Image

#3 J13

J13

SUGARGLIDER

• AGERA BOMBERS
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:30 AM

Inspiring story and brilliant avatar :)

#4 dscvrrstl

dscvrrstl

I ONLY HIT MUSCLEBACKS

• AGERA BOMBERS
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

WOW...I am glad the random avatar selector was kind to me and very accurate...oh, the blade part..!! LOL!!  

Agera has been a special shaft right from the get go...stable, consistent and feels is amazing..weight was right on and it loads and releases perfectly!!

• ladahl likes this
Posted Image

#5 Knudson81

Knudson81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationThe Murder Mitten

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

I am a big fan of my Agera now that I have one! Thing has to be one of the most consistant and tight shafts on the market right now. Interesting to think you can buy shafts that are $100+ more than the Agera and they get spanked. Great work on this one ROBO!

2016 Season WITB

Driver

Cobra King LTD 10.5D / XPHLEXXX Agera Stiff (tipped .5" per ROBO)

Fariway

XR16 3w / Project X HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrids

Callaway 815 20* / Project X HZRDUS 85g 6.5

Callaway 815 23* / Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5

Irons

Callaway X Forged 5-PW (RAW) / TT S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx

Wedges

Callaway MD2 50* / UST Recoil 125 Proto F4

Callaway MD2 56S* / UST IHS-991 Spin Proto

Callaway MD2 60C* / TT S400 Prototype 

@HeyKnudson